Mar 16, 2012

The Recipe Project: A Delectable Extravaganza of Food and Music



I found this quirky cookbook at my library while scanning the new release section.  It is a compilation of recipes, playlists and stories from famous people, including food network chefs Mario Batali and Aaron Sanchez.

The best part is that it includes a CD in which all of the recipes have been turned into songs by the band One Ring Zero.  I have to admit, the tunes are catchy. 

However, with recipes like pickled pumpkin, octopus salad, and brains and eggs, I'm not sure that it would get much use in my kitchen. 

My favorite recipe is for "raw peach":

1) you should part your hair behind
2) dare to eat it
3) hold the peach in front of your mouth
4) bite in
5) and indeed there will be time

Serves 1       

No comments:

Post a Comment